Thursday, August 23, 2012

vacation: deauville

Salut, my friends!

How are you all doing?
As you may have read in this blog-post, I went to the ocean with A. We spent our weekend in the Normandy in a town called Deauville. It was amazing. Just after two hours by train we arrived in completely fresh air. You could literally smell the water and the beach from the platform. We went straight to the beach....







.... Reading Le Monde and dazing in the sun. After the first couple of hours, we got pretty hungry, so my handsome man felt like a meal and a cold beer....




... Which he enjoyed. A lot!







After an entire day at the beach, we went to our hotel (or, as it's actually called, a chambre d'hôtes, which basically is a "hotel room" in other people's homes... I guess it compares to a mini-hotel!). At first I though it was weird to lend out rooms in your own home, but when we got there, I stopped thinking about that. Never in my life have I seen such an amazing house, and furthermore, it's been a long time since I've stayed in such a nice "hotel". The couple that ran it were so nice and hospitable - they helped us with everything, and the husband even drove us to the train station to go back to Deauville...








It was adorable. Just look at the way the house was painted. Definitely going back!
We spent Sunday at the beach as well. The weather wasn't as good as the day before, but we couldn't complain....









Ugh! I want to go BACK.
Especially so I could wear the two bikini's I bought in Deauville from Princesse Tam Tam - I took some pictures of them. Look how cute they are:






I got them both on sale, and I LOVE THEM already. I wish I could wear them every day, but it's a good thing I might be going to Spain during this autumn with A and his mom. I really hope so - imagine enjoying a final week in the sun? Ah! I can only hope.

But yeah... The weekend was amazing. We had to say goodbye to this beach....




.... And THAT wasn't easy.

I hope everybody's doing good! I'll be back tomorrow with more stuff to share!
Much love and gros bisous,
Thea

☆ ☆ 

No comments:

Post a Comment